Why The Leaky Bathtub will help to grow your small business cost-effectively
In small business marketing every dollar matters. You can’t afford to fritter money on ‘brand awareness’ campaigns and other nonsense like the large corporates can.
Yet all too often small business owners end up being ‘accidental marketers’: they just want to do what they love doing, and the whole marketing side of things is daunting, complex and overwhelming.
Cornelia Luethi will take away that marketing overwhelm by helping you focus on the campaigns that’ll get the best returns for you. Invariably, that means focusing on your customer conversion and customer retention first. (And that’s what The Leaky Bathtub Method is all about.)
What Cornelia Luethi actually does for you…
Cornelia Luethi specialises in copywriting and marketing consulting for small businesses. Cornelia doesn’t just want to do your marketing, she wants to share her knowledge of what works (and what doesn’t work).
How does Cornelia Luethi know what works and doesn’t work in marketing?
For one thing, Cornelia’s studied marketing extensively. Her qualifications include:
- BSc (Hons) Management Studies, Royal Holloway University of London
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (DipM) from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK.
After graduating from University, Cornelia’s marketing career began in 1997 and she spent nearly 10 years in corporate marketing roles.
Cornelia learned some great skills during her corporate years but the big business environment wasn’t for her. Her parents had always been self-employed. When she was young, she often wished that her parents would “get a proper job, like all the other parents”.
But the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. In the corporate world, Cornelia missed the passion, heart and soul that exists in small businesses. So when she got the chance in 2006, Cornelia not only started her own small business, but she also chose to specialise in working with small businesses.
How does copywriting fit into the whole marketing thing?
So much of marketing comes down to words: website copy. Newsletter articles. Blog posts. Proposal documents. All of these marketing tools have words… and if you want them to sell, they need to be good, compelling words, rather then weak, feeble, pointless words!
And it just so happens that writing is one of Cornelia’s most favourite things in the world. (You can read more about Cornelia here, and discover 14 random facts about her.)
To give her clients some hands-on help with marketing, Cornelia does lots of copywriting. 🙂
Why choose Cornelia at The Leaky Bathtub to help with your marketing and copywriting?
1. I understand the challenges of running a small business
I was raised in a small business environment. I know how tough it is; and also how liberating it can be. My goal is to help smooth out those peaks and troughs as much as I can, and make your marketing investment work as hard as possible for you.
2. I’ll make marketing less daunting… and even a little bit fun!
Marketing can be simplified, and that way it’s manageable. And I’ll make it as fun as I can… I can’t stand ‘boring’. 😉
3. I’ll be your marketing myth-buster
Wondering if something will work or not? I’ll give you my honest, polite but truthful feedback. If I reckon it won’t fly, I’ll tell you. There’s so much marketing hype and a veritable road-train of marketing bandwagons, it can be hard to know what’s for real and what’s just hype. I’ll be your marketing myth-buster.
4. I’ll share my experience of what works (and doesn’t work) with you
Not only have I spent years ‘n’ years studying marketing, I’ve been working in marketing since 1997, and I’ve done a whole heap of testing, measuring and learning along the way. So I’ve got oodles of tips and shortcuts to help you, and that’s why I developed The Leaky Bathtub Marketing Method. (Why do things the hard way when you don’t have to?!)
5. I’m consistently up-skilling and learning – and share all the best bits with you!
The world of marketing doesn’t stay the same for long. That’s why I devote a massive amount of time (and money) into learning new skills and techniques.
For example, in the last few years I’ve done a 12-week Article Writing course; an 8-week Headline Writing course; a course on how to design eBooks in InDesign; a Search Engine Bootcamp; plus a whole lot of reading on a daily basis.
Best of all, I pass on what I learn to you! I share these tips in my blog!
6. I’ll treat your marketing budget as if I were spending my own money
I base all my recommendations on what I’d do in your shoes. (And I’m pretty frugal when it comes to marketing… sometimes business owners have complained that I don’t want to spend enough! True!)
So there are 7 great reasons as to why you should engage me… and I can help you in a number of ways:
How I can help you with your small business marketing and copywriting
Here’s how I can help your small business marketing easier, less costly, and more effective:
- Free Resources: You’ll find a stack of small business marketing tips on this website, packed with things you can implement right away at very little cost. Read the free marketing resources here.
- Blog: In addition to the free articles section, you’ll find the very latest marketing tips on my marketing blog.
- One-on-one consulting services: These services are available to small businesses in Northland and Auckland, New Zealand. Read more about marketing consultancy services here. The marketing ideas are all based on The Leaky Bathtub Marketing Method, which was developed by me, Cornelia Luethi, based on a combination of marketing theory and years of hands-on practical marketing experience.
- Copywriting services: These services are also for small business in New Zealand. Read more about SEO website copywriting.
Cornelia Luethi BSc (Hons), DipM
Marketing consultant, copywriter and author at The Leaky Bathtub
Wondering how to get started? Check out my marketing eBooks! →
Goods and services provided by FX Marketing Limited (New Zealand) as per the Terms of Business
The Leaky Bathtub is brought to you by FX Marketing Limited (New Zealand).
FX Marketing has been providing marketing services to small businesses since 2006, and is owned and operated by Cornelia Luethi.
All consultancy work is undertaken subject to the Terms of Business of FX Marketing Limited: the latest version is available to download from this page.